Duration: 3 months minimum
Hours/Days per week: Flexible schedule
Languages required: English Or Arabic
- Volunteering in one of the world’s leading human rights organizations can provide valuable experience and following your successful volunteer placement, you may request to receive references.
- Volunteering is unpaid.
- Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and Volunteers are expected to participate collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the contribution of others is valued and respected.
- Volunteers are required to comply with our policies and rules relating to Health and Safety, Cultural Diversity and Equal Opportunities and with our security regulations.
- UHO is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
- Research on the internet or via phone. The volunteer could be asked to find information on particular questions through relevant governmental and non-governmental websites, and download information.
- Daily monitoring of international press in relation to human rights.
Essential skills and experience:
- Interest in and knowledge of the political and human rights situations.
- Familiarity with computer word processing, databases, internet searches.
- Commitment to working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment.